Family Meeting – Wednesday, March 2 @ 6:30pm
Just want to make you aware of some campus building issues that we will be discussing and acting upon at our Family Meeting on Wednesday. We have several big repair projects that we have put off as long as we can and some upgrades that are much needed. Over the past several months our Campus Maintenance leader, David, has been gathering information and getting estimates from various companies for the project. A couple of weeks ago the Campus Maintenance Team met and put together a proposal to present to the church. The following are the various components of the proposal:
1. Stabilizing the corner of the fellowship hall. The northeast corner of the fellowship hall/kitchen began sinking late last year and is need of stabilizing. This will require a company drilling down to the bedrock and installing stabilizers under the building to prevent further sinking. We also propose concreting the area around the corner to keep from experiencing water build-up in the area again. This will also provide pads for the new HVAC units.
2. Heating and Air Conditioning Units:
- We have four HVAC units for the sanctuary that are nearly 30 years old. Only two of the units are working. All four units will have to be replaced with new, high-efficiency units.
- The two units for the Education/Fellowship Hall building will also be replaced (only one is working and it is several years old). We will also be adding HVAC units specifically for the upstairs area. This will require all new duct-work for both the upstairs and the downstairs areas. We will also be removing the single unit for the library and tie the ductwork from the fellowship hall into the library to provide heat and air for the room.
3. Electrical Upgrade: The new HVAC units will also require us to upgrade our electrical system. This will involve replacing our current electrical panel, bringing it up to code, as well as adding an electrical panel upstairs for the new HVAC units.
4. New Ceilings and Lights: Since we are having to add ductwork for the upstairs and replace the ductwork downstairs, we will also be replacing both ceilings including new drop ceilings and new lights (upgrading to LED lights), and adding insulation in the upstairs ceilings.
5. New Carpeting: We also propose replacing all of the carpeting in the Education Building including the upstairs area and the few rooms downstairs that still have carpet.
6. A few other “smaller” projects are also included as part of the proposal:
- Roof repair of the Children’s Wing. We’ve experienced several leaks over the past three years and need to repair the roof.
- Repair HVAC unit at the office building.
- Refurbish our sign including new facing with the “fire-cross” logo (like on the front of the bulletin), and repair and replace the inner lighting units and bulbs.
The Campus Maintenance Team will be presenting a proposed cost for the total project which will include incidentals such as a dumpster that will be needed for the deconstruction. Upon approval by the church, we will ask the trustees to pursue a loan for the cost of the project. Though we have some monies in the Building Fund, we do not want to exhaust that fund should the need arise for other repairs unrelated to the projects. We will also ask the Stewardship Team to develop a capital campaign to raise the funds to pay back the loan in a reasonable time period.
Once the project is complete we will have an upgraded facility that will be more energy efficient with a modern, clean look that will enable us to effectively continue the ministry of Kingdom work of God.
Obviously this is a significant project that will require much prayer, faith, commitment and sacrificial giving from our church. It will also require flexibily in that our Education/Fellowship Hall building will be unable to be used for at least a couple of months. God has always been faithful to provide for the needs of our church, and we can trust that He will continue to do so. Please be present Wednesday night to be part of the presentation and to join together with our family of faith to praise and pray for the future of our church.